Inspired by of the long term trading strategies of Brad McFadden.
Global Macro Portfolio seeks
Long term capital growth from global capital movements.
Outperform major equity markets
Lower volatility than major equity markets
- Global Macro Portfolio continues to meet investment aims
- Strong performance in Stocks and Bonds
- Mixed performance in Commodities and Currencies
- Strategy does not perform well in sideways markets (where there is no one dominant long term trend).
- Strategy suffers significant position churn when price does not trend away from 200 Simple Moving Average.
- Invest in underlying instruments – no options or warrants
- Single indicator – 200 Day Simple Moving Average (SMA)
- Buy when price moves above 200 Day SMA
- Sell when price moves below 200 Day SMA
Market ETF’s, no individual stocks
- IEM – iShares Russell 2000 ETF
- EEM – iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF
- XLU – SPDR Utilites Selector Fund
- IYR – iShares U.S. Real Estate ETF
- TLT – iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF
- JNK – SPDR Barclays High Yield Bond ETF
- SHY – iShares 1-3 Year Treasury Bond ETF
- GLD – SPDR Gold Trust
- SLV – iShares Silver Trust
- DBB – PowerShares DB Base Metals Fund
- DBC – PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund
- UUP – Powershares DB US Dollar Index Bullish Fund
- DBV – PowerShares DB G10 Currency Harvest Fund